10 Great Reasons to Be a Member
1. Connection: You are connected to a larger group banded together to produce positive results for our local medical community.
2. Annual Educational & Social Events: You and a guest receive complimentary admission to several events each year, such as General Membership meetings & dinners in January & May, socials, our beloved holiday family event at the carousel, as well as low or no cost opportunities for local continuing education.
3. Public Policy / Advocacy: You can contribute to the local advocacy program centered on assuring that medical professional voices are being heard. MPCMS partners with the Oregon Medical Association to keep you current on legislative updates/alerts, and informed of public health issues under consideration by the State Legislature.
4. Free Informational Services: The society keeps members in touch with each other and current issues through the society’s web site and email updates of emerging issues relevant to the medical community. You remain informed about healthcare in our region in a way that saves you time.
5. Networking: You have many opportunities to network with healthcare professionals in our region, building your contacts, sharing ideas, best practices and solutions to enhance your current job, find opportunities for career enhancement, and combat isolation. Networking events range from Annual Meetings to small quarterly events.
6. Affiliation: You will have affiliation with YOUR professional medical society and over 500 medical professionals in our local community.
7. Discounts on Educational Offerings: You receive reduced registration fees at all MPCMS sponsored continuing education events.
8. Leadership Opportunities: You are provided opportunities to learn and practice leadership and meeting management skills that you may need for your resume, professional growth or self-promotion. Opportunities are available on the Board, committees and special projects.
9. Recognition: You can be recognized or can recognize your colleagues for their achievements in medicine and in life. Some of our heroes work right next to us every day!
10. Empowerment: You are part of a larger community. You are empowered to get involved in issues that affect your personal and professional communities and your quality of life.